1. United States citizenship (this is a POST Certification requirement).
2. 21 years of age by date of hire.
3. High School Diploma or GED equivalent (copy of transcripts may be required).
4. A valid driver's license.
5. The ability to successfully complete all testing requirements.
6. Good written and oral communication skills.
7. The ability to function on a day-to-day basis with limited supervision.
8. Candidates must successfully pass a thorough background investigation. During a thorough background investigation, candidates may be subject to a pre-employment polygraph exam which would be used to confirm information in the Background Investigation Workbook. The background investigator will contact employers, references, family members, neighbors, and others to assess the applicant's character.
9. Candidates must successfully pass a psychological examination (after a contingent offer of employment).
10. Certified by the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers' Standards Training (POST) within one year of employment.